Military and Veterans
The following information is for military personnel and veterans. Please contact our office for assistance if you have any questions or require further assistance
- Military OneSource — Information includes: deployment, reunion, relationships, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood services.
- Tax Information for Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- TRICARE — The military's health care program.
- U.S. Armed Forces websites:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) — lists offices, by state, as well as information and resources on the following topics:
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- Where can I get more information on federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on my state's benefits for veterans?
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
Veterans' Resource Guide
My office put together a comprehensive Veterans' Resource Guide to assist former members of the armed forces as they transition to civilian life. The guide highlights ways in which my office can assist veterans of Congressional District 2 while providing information about community-based resources including housing, employment, health and specialty care, education, and accessibility assistance.